Blog

Over to England and Scotland again… !

Well, It’s been an incredible last few months, traveling to California, Newfoundland, Yellowknife and almost everywhere in between! There have also been some amazing moments at home, including (most recently) my daughter’s 6th birthday. My tomatoes survived the rainy summer, our beautiful autumn in Prince Edward Island made up a bit for all the wet weather and now we’ve moved into the darker more magical days of the year. (Winter, I’m not scared of you this year… you tried your best to get us down last year with all that snow, and we can take it again if we have to!)
Last night I packed my bags and boarded a plane headed for London, England. Now, here I sit in the beautiful and cozy home of my booking agents having a relaxing day before setting out on the road for two weeks here in England and Scotland.
My new record, Silhouette, has been working hard for me, getting airplay all over Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. while I’ve been playing music and writing more songs for the next one. Nothing ever stops or stays still, it seems, and I, for the most part, feel like I am doing all I can just to keep up with the flow.
Guitar man Chris and I just had a wonderful tour of New England, New York and surrounding areas and it’s hard to believe we are back on the road again so soon.
If you have any friends in and around the UK, please check out our tour dates and send them along… Chris and I are excited to play, play, play!
Here are the dates we have planned (including radio sessions):

Nov 9, 2011 8:00 PM       No. 8 Cafe                            Launceston, Cornwall, England
Nov 10, 2011 7:30 PM      The Blue Walnut                Devon, England
Nov 11, 2011 8:00 PM      The Brasenose Arms         Cropredy, England
Nov 12, 2011 8:00 PM      The Little Rabbit Barn     Colchester, England
Nov 13, 2011 8:00 PM      The Slaughtered Lamb     Clerkenwell, England
Nov 14, 2011 TBA               Bob Harris Show BBC      London, England
Nov 15, 2011 TBA               Nicola Gilroy Show BBC  Lincolnshire, England
Nov 15, 2011 8:00 PM      The New Adelphi                Hull, England
Nov 16, 2011 8:00 PM      New Orleans Club              Louth, England
Nov 17, 2011 TBA              The Drift BBC                     Lancashire, England
Nov 17, 2011 8:00 PM      The Kenlis Arms                Lancashire, England
Nov 18, 2011 8:00 PM      CCA Cinema                       Glasgow, Scotland
Nov 19, 2011 8:00 PM      The Milton Rooms            Malton, England
Nov 20, 2011 TBA              Your Country w/ Allan Watkiss BBC Sheffield, England
Nov 20, 2011 8:00 PM      The Lescar                          Sheffield, England

5 comments on “Over to England and Scotland again… !

1. I was really hoping you would make it to East Anglia, somewhere near Cambridge or Norwich would be perfect. Too late I guess for this tour! Heard you on Bob Harris and love what you do. Keep up the great work and hope to see you live very soon.
    Lynne and Graham Hingston

2. Can’t wait to see the show on Sunday. We just moved here from Alaska where we kept hoping you would come play but London will do quite nicely! Getting my request in early–please play “Something Gold.” Just a beautiful song…

3. Hi Catherine

I’m watching the Killers DVD (from the Albert Hall) with the volume up, whilst making a large beef curry for Sunday dinner, it having been unusually warm and sunny outside reflecting on your show at the Brasenose Arms. Yes, I can multi-task!!!!

Helen and I really enjoyed the show, thought it warm and intimate, melodic and sincere and enjoyed the new songs you tried out on us as well. We also enjoyed the occasional bits of banter around the venue and breakfast, well what can I say – it’s not often you have breakfast with the stars ….. sounds like a new reality tv show coming on …… Thanks again

I’ve also written to Bob about a possible future venue or two. Hope the rest of the tour including Sheffield now goes well …. and try to get to Wasdale ( get Hedley to drive you there, it’s so worth it ) and be inspired

4. Hi Catherine MacLennan. Just home from your last UK show at the Lescar. What a pity there wasn’t more of Sheffield there to hear such a beautiful and subtle set. But at least we weren’t Hull. Looking forward to playing all of Silhouette – if I can stop listening to ‘Sparrows’. Safe journey home and come again soon – after this tour there will be so many more coming out to see you next time.

Comments are closed.